This epidemic has forced all of us to realize the importance of eating nutritious food and building immunity. Remember, vegetables make up a huge portion of nutritious food. It helps us to satisfy our hunger in many ways, from helping the body to meet its nutritional needs. So it is time to include vegetables in your daily diet as these are not only good for your health but also bring back your radiant skin.
Dermatologist Dr. Niketan Sonavane talks about a simple, vegetable soup that is beneficial not only for disease prevention, but also for radiant skin.
“Carrot-pumpkin soup is perfect for protecting your skin from UV rays and boosting your immune system,” he said. Carrots and pumpkins are rich in carotenoids. This antioxidant gives you radiant skin and strengthens your body’s immune system.
2 tablespoons butter
4-5 – Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
250g – Carrots, washed and dedicated
250g – Pumpkin, washed and dedicated
2 cups – water
Fresh cream for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, heat the butter and add the garlic. Fry over medium heat until garlic turns brown.
- Add carrots, pumpkin and salt. Fry for three minutes.
- Add water and seal the cooker. Turn off the gas with two whistles. Let cool.
- Open the cooker and in a mixer grinder with the boiled mixture turn 1.2 turns.
- Garnish with cream and sprinkle with pepper. Eat hot.